Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nanny 911

Ok, so there is this show on TV called Nanny 911 and another one called super nanny and its basically a show of people who did a ferocious job of raising some pretty ferocious kids. In this show it shows parents having to drag their kids up stairs and put them in bed all the while they're screaming, cursing (using words that I never knew until high school), kicking and being terrible.Let me say that you have ALWAYS been a picture of perfection when it come to going to sleep. You fall asleep easy by yourself, you have since you were like 6 weeks old, you like your room, you like the whole 'bed time routine', you're just easy when it comes to sleeping. So that leads me to judging other parents, who don't have such model children, a little to harshly. I think to myself, why don't the discipline their kids, why can't bed time be fun, and a myriad of other questions. But remember you were perfect because of you, not us.

Anyway, all of this to say, lately you have enjoyed getting up, turning your light on, opening your door and laughing at the top of the stairs. I've seen super nanny, I know that I need to be strict and tell you sternly that it is bed time and put you back into bed, but nights like tonight I just had to smile at you, giggle a little and walk you back into the room for some prayers. I don't think I'm creating a monster but it gives me more compassion for those other parents because their issues may have started from from just wanting so much to love on their children that disciple was put on the shelf. There are worse things out there. Now on your second adventure out of your room, I usually have to tell you that I don't want to see you until in the morning and in your usual, compliant way, you stay in your room until the next day. You are a huge source of joy!

No comments: